Monday, June 1, 2009

Angelfire Chili Challenge - May 22-25, 2009

Keith’s been on a roll this year with a streak of podiums and top 10 finishes on the Gravity tour. Last weekend he took a little 20 hour drive to Angelfire New Mexico:

I chatted with Keith on Sunday after his race run:

Keith: "Practice went amazing all 5 days, but my race run didn't come together the way I hoped it would. Actually, I think it was one of my worst race runs on record. I was trying to go a bit too fast and blew some of my lines. I've been training regularly and have felt like I'm in great shape. Not this weekend. I felt like I hadn't trained a day in my life. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that we were up above 12,000 feet. In spite of all that, I finished a pretty solid 8th place. Its never a great feeling knowing that you could have done much better, but I'll take 8th and chalk it up to experience."

Keith going big in New Mexico


A tech section on the course at the Chili Challenge.

Next weekend we'll be doing another CCCX practice race. The next big one is Nationals at Sol Vista in July. Keith, Myself (Dustin), Khaner and Allen will all be attending. It should be a blast. Khaner and I haven't ridden in CO in 4 years. I don't think Keith and Allen ever have.

No comments: