Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DMC Moto Timer...

Mine just showed up today, and I'm diggin' it already. I took it up on Sutro just up the hill from our house and timed runs with my youngest son, and then did some race runs down the switchback trail that empties out to Medical Center Way. One run down yielded a time of 2:48:90. Can't wait to beat it tomorrow. 


About the timer. Its pretty small. Smaller than I thought it would be. One negative: The button is a bit hard to push, but I'm assuming it will get easier as it breaks in. Hopefully it doesn't just break. I also have it in a location on the bar thats a bit too far in. I need to move my lever toward the grip, or move it out so I can put the timer between the grip and the brake lever. I'm pretty finicky about my lever placement, so this might be a slight issue. I'd like the set up to be so perfect that I feel comfortable starting it and stopping it in legit race runs to validate the official time. Most times I feel like I might have gotten jacked on my time. I'm faster than those guys... This will be the test.

If you want to get one, Phil at RideSFO is about to order them. The guys that distribute them said there are very few left and they may stop selling them, so now's the time to hook it up. If Phil doesn't get enough, then you can order them through leelikesbikes.com.

No comments: